what information we collect;
how we use that information;
how this information is shared;
your rights; and
other useful privacy and security related matters.
We hope you take the time to read this policy. It is important to check back often for updates to this policy. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice on the relevant Service and/or contact you using other methods such as email if you have given us consent to do so.
Who is the Data Controller?
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Eazyweb Internet Services Ltd is the “data controller” of www.eazyweb.net
Eazyweb Internet Services have appointed a Data Protection Officer ('DPO'). While our DPO can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, our Customer Service team will be your initial point of contact if you wish to exercise your rights. Please see the 'Your Rights' section below.
Information we collect
When you use our Services, we collect the following types of information:
Information you provide us:
We collect information about you during the account registration process for any of our Services. This information may include, but is not limited to: your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, and any other details as might be requested from you for the purpose of registration and/or continued use of our Services.
We may also collect information from you if you request information or customer support.
Additional Information collected:
We may also collect the following information:
name, contact information and message if you contact us via an online form;
details such as traffic information, location data and other communication data (including IP address and browser type) collected by your availing of the Services;
device information including unique device identified;
your social media profile details (name, profile photo and other information you make available to us) when you connect with or contact us through a social media account;
How do we use this information
We process personal information for these purposes:
Account setup and management:
We use personal information such as your name, username, email address, phone number, and / or information about your device, to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support, verify your identity, and send important account and Service information.
We may also use personal information to enforce our terms and conditions.
Marketing and events:
Subject to any preferences you have expressed (where applicable), we may use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications, relevant to Eazyweb Internet Services Ltd services only, to you across various platforms, such as email and telephone. We will do this during the period of your relationship with us and, unless specifically instructed otherwise by you, for a reasonable period of time after the relationship has ended in order to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you.
If we send you a marketing email it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these marketing communications in the future. You can also manage your information and update your marketing preferences when you login to your account. Please allow up to 48 hours for any changes you make to your marketing preferences to be fully processed. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your accounts.
Most browsers and mobile apps also allow you to control notifications settings. For example, when you first download our mobile application on IOS and Android, you will be asked to allow or block notifications from our application. Please refer to your browser/app settings for full details.
Live Chat and Support Ticket System:
The personal information you choose to post, share, upload, or make available is shared only with Eazyweb Internet Services employees in order to provide support for your account with us. You should never post or share any information that is confidential or about others unless you have permission to do so.
Legal and regulatory obligations:
We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; and (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
How is the information shared
Your personal information may be transferred or disclosed to any personnel within Eazyweb Internet Services Ltd or, subject to appropriate agreement, to third parties, for the processing of that personal information based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Third parties for legal reasons:
We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- To protect our rights, users, systems, and Services.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you, as a data subject have a number of rights which are detailed below. Some of these only apply in specific circumstances and are qualified in several respects by exemptions in data protection legislation. We will advise you in our response to your request if we are relying on any such exemptions.
- Access to personal data: You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to make such a request, please see the Contact Us section for information on how to contact us. You should include adequate information to identify yourself and such other relevant information that will reasonably assist us in fulfilling your request. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible.
- Correction of personal data: You can request us to rectify and correct any personal data that we are processing about you which is incorrect.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. To opt out of marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the marketing communication you receive from us. For other marketing preferences, you can visit the My Account tab when you log into your account or the "Contact Us" option within the relevant Service.
- Right of erasure: You can request us to erase your personal data where there is no compelling reason to continue processing.
- Right to data portability: This right allows you to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us with your consent or which was necessary for us to provide you with our products and services in a format which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation. You may have the right to have your personal data transferred by us directly to the other organisation, if this is technically feasible.
- Right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we suspend our processing of your personal data. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data we will still be permitted to store your personal data, but any other processing of this information will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions.
- Right to object to processing of personal data: You have the right to object to our use of your personal data which is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests.
How to contact us
For any requests related to your personal information or any of your rights referenced above, please feel free to contact us in one of the following ways
in writing: EAZYWEB INTERNET SERVICES, Regus House, Falcon Drive, Cardiff Bay, CF10 4RU
Filing a complaint
If you are not satisfied with how we manage your personal data, you have a right to make a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority.
Other useful privacy & data security related matters
We only retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes.
We recognise that online security and data protection is an area of vital importance for all our customers, so it is important to us that you have confidence in the security of your personal details before you register an account. We are committed to employing security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and to prevent accidental or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration and damages. As the security of some communications via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose using your internet connection. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and Eazyweb Internet Services Ltd will accept no liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive losses or damages arising out of such an occurrence.
Updated May 2018